If you are one of the few people who experience stomach upset from aspirin, try Extra Strength Bayer Plus. Extra Strength Bayer Plus combines a strong dose (500 mg) of aspirin with a buffering ingredient - calcium carbonate - to make it gentler on the stomach. Calcium carbonate works by helping to neutralize stomach acid.
This buffered aspirin product is available in caplet form and is caffeine-free and sodium-free.
The Toleraid® film coating on Extra Strength Bayer Aspirin Plus benefits aspirin users who have difficulty swallowing uncoated caplets. The next time headache, pain and fever of colds, muscle aches and pains, menstrual pain, toothache pain, or the minor aches and pains of arthritis slow you down, try a buffered aspirin that is gentler on your stomach-- Extra Strength Bayer Plus.
Aspirin 500 mg (NSAID)* Pain reliever/fever reducer
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
UsesFor the temporary relief of
- pain and fever of colds
- muscle pain
- menstrual pain
- minor pain of arthritis
Reye's syndrome:Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert:Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning:This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not useif you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you aretaking a prescription drug for
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- fever lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 1 or 2 caplets every 4 to 6 hours as needed, not to exceed 8 caplets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: consult a doctor
- each caplet contains: calcium 140 mg
- save carton for full directions and warnings
- store at room temperature
Inactive ingredientscalcium carbonate, carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, D&C red #7 calcium lake, FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac, sodium starch glycolate, titanium dioxide, zinc stearate
Questions or comments?1-800-331-4536 (Mon-Fri 9AM - 5PM EST)